Tuesday, January 14, 2003

MISSING CONTRAST

I can't believe it: I've just run out of subjects suitable for the blog. Since I returned to Montreal, I have ceased to See. How terrible, to have those marvelous travel eyes smote, stricken; torn from my skull to be eaten by small birds.
My trip to France did not end when the A-320's tires skidded onto the frozen runway ay Mirabel airport. I was still a traveller when Janie picked me up and we drove together to st. Sauveur to look in on the camps. Funny how the lines blur around these sorts of things. A teacher of mine used to say that the 20th century began with WWI, and ended with the fall of the Berlin wall. I have this sense that the 21st century began on September 11th, but a part of me feels that is terribly morbid and fatalistic. When I consider this opinion, I wonder if I'm being Americo-centric, but then I remember that the French and the Caanadians (the Canaanites - that's my bible study slipping in unconsciously) seemed to want to talk about 9/11 more than Americans did. Hmm.

I have to catch up on my bible reading. It's a perfect activity for days like this. Reading is a perfect activity for the Montreal winter: It's -18 today. I would go ice-skating, but it's probably too cold for that.

No comments: