Thursday, July 04, 2002

Woke up this morning on the unmade futon bed, the lights and TV on, and a half-eaten bowl of Top Ramen on the side-board. Has it really come to this? I'm amazed at how quickly I can descend from the realm of humans. As hard as i try to make everything nice and neat, I never find the time to do those neccessary chores: Like grocery shopping, shaving, paying parking tickets...
There are firworks going off all over the neighborhood: God Bless America. There's nothing like a country celebrating its wacky, violent side.
I fianlly hit the shower, shaved, scrubbed out the insides of my ears... And with some clean clothes I felt sort of human again, and in that there's hope. I know I'm forgetting to do so many things, and there will be a price to be paid down the road. I only have what I have these days. My buddy Pete once said, upon my recounting a horrible story about breaking up with a girl: "You did what you did, because at the time that's what you were doing."









No comments: